Monday, November 30, 2015

Vicco tumeric cream and DIY tumeric/lemon mask

I recently read a glowing review of this cream over at refinery29 and decided to give it a go since it's only around $7USD a tube (I got mine on amazon).

I've been using this every night for about 3 weeks and can easily say it will be my new go-to night cream. It lessens the red marks from acne, prevents breakouts (but not completely), and even nipped a cystic pimple in the bud before it could become a huge problem. It is not as much of a miracle cream as R29 makes it sound. I still have red marks from previous acne flare-ups, but, even if it's temporary, they are lessened. And, the anti-acne properties make it a keeper. (and it doesn't seem to be staining my sheets.)

Problem is, this is hard to find in Japan. So I tried a DIY turmeric and lemon facial mask. It seems to be giving me the same benefits, but with more drawbacks: it will stain your skin and any fabric it comes in contact with. It takes a good scrub and a few cleanses with my bioderma make up remover to get the yellow off my face.

Final verdict is: buy the cream when you can. In a pinch, do the DIY mask a few times a week, when time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment