Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hair removal at Azabu Clinic


I tried out Azabu clinic in Tokyo because they have a wide range of cosmetic dermatology services and an English speaking staff. I started out with the laser hair removal for two reasons: 1) I was due for a treatment and couldn't use my American spa (which is still my favorite), and 2) I wanted to try a service I was familiar with before jumping into new territory (Thermage!)

So, staff speaks English well and there are a lot of foreign clients. Staff prefer to speak Japanese, so we did. There is a doctor who checks your skin and hair before treatment to recommend intensity of the laser. She spoke perfect English and was having none of my still-learning Japanese.

I selected two areas (face and hygiene) and did the trial price (came to a total of 4 man) for one treatment (due to my travel schedule). I found out later a groupon would have been MUCH cheaper, so you should do that.

I bared the areas to be worked on. The staff drew lines and confirmed hair patterns. Then she applied a cool gel and started with the laser. The laser was MUCH stronger than the one used at Datsumo Labo but I don't think it was as strong as the one I get in the US. There was some stinging, but I bore out the high intensity laser the entire time with discomfort only in the sensitive nether regions.

All in all, I would go back, especially if I just needed a dermatologist (she can write prescriptions for acne medication and anything else you need). The prices are a bit high, so the groupon is perfect. However, for the price you are also getting doctor supervision, so it's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment