Sunday, November 9, 2014

Bringing stuff back from the States: Yes to Grapefruit brightening wipes and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

I had a quick-turn-around trip planned back to the USA and made a down and dirty list of items I wanted to buy that I couldn't find in Japan. First up was a selection of "Yes to" facial cleansing wipes. I really liked my Bifesta wipes but wanted to try out the "Yes to" collection since they receive raving reviews on US Beauty websites. I have been using the  Yes To Grapefruit brightening wipes (around $7US), and have to say, I prefer the Bifesta. My skin feels dried out after using the "Yes to Grapefruit" wipe. And, I hate the smell. It's like a fruity, medicinal, candy citrus.

I also picked up the highly rated laura mercier tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 in "natural" for $43USD as an experiment against the Evangelist Lady Bright Up BB cream. I like the laura mercier, but it is much more "American" than the Evangelist: it is definitely more of a moisturizer, less coverage, and more precise color for Caucasian skin. I'm glad I have this in my arsenal, and think it will be great for dry winter skin, but it was not the "holy grail" product I was hoping for.


No comments:

Post a Comment