Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Towels: Nitori, 7-11, Imabari (Goldilocks and the three towels...)



When I moved here, I ordered a few towel sets from Nitori. I went for cheap (about 400 yen a towel) since I knew I would be throwing them out when I move back to the States.

I quickly realized I hated these scratchy stiff towels. While they dry relatively easy, which is a plus in the rainy season, they are just so unpleasant on the skin.


So, I picked up a towel from 7-11. If I recall, it was about 1000 yen. Ah, much better. Soft. Dries quickly. But, after a few washings, seems to be falling apart. And, it collects all manner of lint. I will be washing it in a laundry net bag from now on.


But, I only had one. That is not feasible when it is still on the line drying and you need a towel. So, I splurged on one of the famous Imabari towels. A set of a bath towel and a face towel cost me 5000 yen. Ouch.

OMG. I love this towel. It makes my dinky bathroom feel like a spa. I will be buying more of these, and taking them home. These will also feature as holiday gifts for friends and family back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment