Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Youmeisen bath salts





My neighbor gave me a 60 gram packet of youmeisen the other day in order to help stave off the coming cold. As many people know, Japanese women are very sensitive to the cold and do all sorts of things to heat up the inner core.

My neighbor said that in addition to being a good cure for chilliness (because, so is a bath, no?), it also helps with her husband's eczema. When I looked this up on the web, indeed, it is said to cure a host of ailments, including skin and chill.

Since I dislike that particular cold of a Japanese winter in Kyoto (so damp and so cold, yet my skin is still so dry), I gave it a whirl in my bath tonight.

First: it is yellow. Really yellow. Like a "tub full of pee" yellow. You have to laugh.

It did give my skin a nice silky feeling while in the bath, and, after drying off, seems to have left a subtle residue that is trapping in moisture. I think I'm going to like this!

You can buy this on Amazon Japan, about 2050 yen for 900 grams, or 1300 yen for an 8-pack of 60 gram packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment