Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dieting: Konyaku jelly and Black vinegar

I'm trying to shed a few kilograms and a friend suggested konyaku jelly. Konyaku is one of my favorite foods, I regularly put it in rice or serve it up with shiitake. Little did I know it is also a candy!

Konyaku is made from vegetable fibers and water, so it is known as a diet food that will flush out your system. It was pulled from production a few years back because a number of people died from choking on the candy. However, it's back, and my friend said it is perfectly safe (just don't freeze it). Sales of konyaku jelly are prohibited in the US. It sells for about 100 yen (in individual servings, like the one above, or in a gel pack) and can be found in most grocery stores and drug stores.


The other little secret is black vinegar, which can be drank straight, mixed with club soda (my favorite), or purchased with flavorings added. It's also about 100 yen a drink box and can be found in most supermarkets. It is touted to burn fat, which I like!


No comments:

Post a Comment