Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Acupuncture

I'm a huge fan of acupuncture and wanted to continue it here in Kyoto. I found Amina, at A.O. Oriental Healing, and have been working with her for a few months. Not only have I seen good results concerning my initial problem, but many surprising benefits as well (as is usually the case with acupuncture).

Amina does a type of reiki plus acupuncture system that I find incredibly relaxing, and I am not a person who finds many things relaxing. Her work space is clean, beautiful, and calming (as is her demeanor!). As an extra benefit, there is an AMAZING view of daimonji's大 just behind her building.

Her office is in an apartment building near Senbon Kitaoji. She speaks some English, but is much more comfortable in Japanese (who isn't more comfortable in a native language!).



In order to speed up my results, Amina suggested I do some moxabustion at home. At the end of my visit, she puts some marks on points with a marker. I then moxa these points each day until our next visit. I'm using the above moxa, which I really like because it has a peel off backing that sticks to your skin, that can be purchased at nearly any drugstore for about 1800 yen (for 260 sticks/ applications!).

No comments:

Post a Comment