Friday, September 5, 2014

Keeping the pearly whites, pearly white: Makimura Dental Clinic

I wanted a general teeth cleaning but had been putting it off, worried that I would get "sold" on tons of dental work I didn't really need. I have a great dentist back in the States, but I just couldn't wait for a cleaning any longer.

I decided to check out Makimura dental clinic on the recommendation of Deep Kyoto. Based on my own experience, I can whole heartedly suggest going to Makimura!

The entire appointment was done online (although he seems to have a long wait for appointments, I got lucky and scored one that someone had canceled). Note that you have to take your shoes off at the entrance, put on slippers, and then take the elevator or stairs to the second floor to the receptionist.

I had to wait about 45 minutes once I got there, I'm not sure why, but it's no different than my dentist at home, so I decided to just go with it. The receptionist spoke with me in Japanese, but I have a strong suspicion that she could have done it in English just as easily.

My hygienist spoke Japanese exclusively, and I'm not sure she had any English skills. The dentist spoke with me in English, which was a nice touch. After examining my teeth, he concurred with my home dentist that I didn't need any work done, and suggested I come back in six months for another cleaning.

The entire thing cost 2200 yen (with national health insurance), so I will definitely be going back in six months to keep those pearly whites, pearly white!

No comments:

Post a Comment