Saturday, September 13, 2014

Laundry detergent: Utamaro

I have never stumbled upon a Japanese laundry detergent that I like, so I decided to give cosme.net's #1 rated Utamaro a try. I was a bit worried about all the "color fading" warnings, so I gave it a go on some old linens first - no problems!

I'm liking this so far! It has a really clean smell and gets things squeaky clean. A bottle is about 500 yen for 400 ml, but you only need a little for each load of laundry. I got mine on Amazon, since I haven't seen it around, but I'll keep an eye out!

I haven't really been following the use directions (which state to wet the garment, put a drop on the stained area, scrub, then stick in the washing machine). Instead I've been following the looser washing machine directions (a little goes a long way...). Also, I got the liquid form because that was more familiar to me, but there is apparently a "soap" form that is very popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment