Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Japanese Standard: Camellia oil

I'm a big fan of oils so I thought I would try out the Japanese standard: Oshima Tsubaki oil. This oil is currently ranked as number 6 on cosme.net in their styling category, however it has won a slew of cosme prizes in the past: 2004 best prize, 2004 best hair care, 2005 hall of fame, and 10th anniversary special best prize. A bottle costs about 1000 yen.

Most people use this on their hair, either straight on as a styling agent, or one drop mixed with shampoo. However, since I did the Japanese straight perm, I don't really need anything weighing my hair down. Therefore, I've been using it on my skin and really like it.

There is no smell, and while it is a rich oil, it quickly absorbs into your skin leaving little to no oily residue. This makes it a great oil to use during the day as it doesn't stain clothes or leave you feeling sticky.

Since I use so much body oil during Japanese winters (space heaters and cold weather really dry out my skin!), I'm excited to see if this can stand the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment