Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DHC Deep Facial Cleansing Oil, Grands Rich Soap Rosemary Facial Cleanser, Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

This is supposedly a standard item in most Japanese women's medicine cabinets, and has a ton of positive reviews on the DHC site. Cosme currently has it ranked rather low, although it won top prize in 2000. I got a small bottle for 900 yen at the local drugstore.

It has a similar consistency to the Shisheido cleansing oil, meaning that it is not as "thick" as the Fancl oil. It seems to have done a fine job cleansing, however, I thought the smell of olive oil was too strong. Since I'm using this with the Grands Rich Soap Rosemary facial cleanser, I smell a bit too "savory" in the morning for my taste!

 I'm not so sure that the soap cleaner got all the oil cleaner off, even after an application of my trusty Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner.


After this combination, my skin still feels like it has an oil moisturizer on it, which is not a bad thing - I feel all soft and smooth -, it's just different from my former "squeaky clean" feel after the Fancl oil and Shisheido face wash. Perhaps this will be better as the cold weather approaches and starts drying out my skin!

UPDATE: I've thrown out the DHC oil. Being greeted every morning with that bitter olive oil smell was just not worth it. In addition, my skin has been acting up. It could be from any matter of things, but, no matter the cause, I'm not adding oil that doesn't smell good and that I'm not sure actually washes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment